Sunday, October 17, 2010

Little Einsteins

I am having flashbacks right now as Ethan and Emily are sitting in the living room on this early Saturday morning and are watching the Little Einsteins. Not only are they watching the show, but they are in full participation mode. I just LOVE it! The Little Einsteins used to be Ethan's favorite show when he was in preschool. He didn't miss a single episode. He learned so much from that show, too. And I can remember on one of our Disney World trips when we saw a couple of the characters from it and the kids went crazy to get their autographs. What is so funny about them watching it this morning is that just the other day it was on and Ethan caught a moment of it and Emily started yelling at him to change the channel. She was telling him what a baby show that was and how she couldn't believe he was watching it, etc, etc. She was just so disgusted by the entire thing because she was just too old and too mature for that sort of thing I guess. But here she was this morning, patting along in all her Einstein glory as Ethan was enjoying his show. And me, being the very conscientious and discreet mom that I am, would never have pointed it out to her and made an issue about it in front of her. No, I just blog about it instead. Ha-ha!

School is going so well for the kids. It's hard to believe that it is almost report card time again. So far the kids both have straight A's. Not only do they both have all A's, but their averages are very high A's. I'm just so proud of them. They also both have been earning a lot of AR points, too, for reading. Ethan is already over halfway finished with his second Harry Potter book in the series. And those are NOT little books.

The other really exciting thing that is going on with them in school right now is that they are both going to be in a play. I think I might have mentioned before how the after school child care program they are in received a grant this year to help provide the arts to the program. One of the things that they are doing is a play, and that play is Annie. Oh my goodness, these kids are so excited!!! When I picked up the kids one day, the drama teacher came over to tell me how impressed she was with Ethan and Emily and their little acting skills. She said they had worked that day with the ability to be able to cry on demand and she said that Emily did AWESOME! I busted out laughing so hard. I agreed with her and said that she definitely had that one down pat. I was also told about Emily great singing (ha-ha!) and how well Ethan dances. Those that know Ethan know that when he is feeling the music, he can get his groove on. Well, last week the kids were given their parts in the play. They came running out of the school so excited!!!!!! Emily will play the part of "Molly", Annie's little orphan friend, the one in the orphanage that Annie is trying to console. Ethan will play the part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. When he was telling me, his chest was puffing out and his eyes were all lit up. He was so proud. And then just yesterday he informed me that he will play the part in a wheelchair the whole time and he CAN'T WAIT!!!

We also have a lot going on with other activities, too. Ethan has signed up for Boy Scouts and both of the kids are in tennis. I'm just so glad that they both like tennis so much. They are really starting to get pretty good at it, too. There have been a couple of times that I've referred to tennis as "Emily's Social Hour" though. She likes to use that time to visit with her friend, Reagan. :)

The only other thing to update right now is about Dad. He will be starting chemo on Tuesday. He and Mom decided to take a little camping trip this week to get away before the chemo starts. They needed that time to get away from things. Please continue to pray for Dad as he starts this next round of treatment.

No comments: