Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


Today is Easter and it has been a busy day. We didn't get much sleep last night because of Ethan's anticipation of the Easter Bunny coming. Considering the fact that I didn't go to bed until midnight, and then Ethan had me up at 2am, again at 3am, and again at 4:15, I just didn't get ANY sleep last night. When he got me up at 4:15, I told him that he wasn't allowed back out of his room until his clock said 6am. My alarm was set for 4:30 anyway because I was going to go out and hide the eggs at that time anyway to be sure and beat the kids before they woke up since they are such early risers. I just ended up not ever going back to bed.

Chase was here with us this morning for Easter and the kids all enjoyed looking through their baskets. They got some 3D sidewalk chalk and they went out right away and started playing with it. We didn't go out to do the egg hunt until after we were dressed and ready for church.


During church, Emily said the funniest thing to me. She was quietly sitting there watching the choir sing. She was just studying them for the longest time. Suddenly, she looks at me and says, "Mama, to be a member of the choir, do you have to wear glasses?" It is a good thing that they were in the middle of a loud song right then because I was laughing so hard I was crying. I think almost every member of the choir is over the age of 60, and yes, it appears that they do all wear glasses. She was just so serious about it when she asked me and I couldn't help but chuckle.

After church we went to dinner at my mom and dad's house and had a nice visit with Grandma and also with Gram, who is in town from Kansas City. The rest of our day was spent at home. The kids took their jeeps on a cruise through the neighborhood. Later, Ethan decided that he wanted to try to climb a tree. He settled on the willow tree between our house and my aunt's house next door. I was actually very impressed with him. He hopped up and grabbed the limb and pulled himself up into the tree without any assistance. That is the first time that he has ever done it without any help. He was so proud of himself. Emily was standing below him when he did it and in her very matter of fact voice she said, "Good, Ethan. Now you can climb Mt. Everest." LOL!!!!! Rob and I got a good chuckle out of that one. Of course she wanted to try and climb the tree, too. She needed LOTS of help from Daddy. She was still proud, too, though.



No comments: