It has been a week since I started my new job, and we've already gotten into quite a routine. Emily had a rough first few days, but she soon learned that it wasn't as bad as she thought that it would be and she started coping with it. At first, though, she started telling me that she wasn't coming home. She spent every night at her Nana and Papa's house because she said that she didn't think she could stand to see me leave for work in the morning. I indulged her drama for the time being only because her cousin, Chase, was still in town and they were all three going to stay over there, but I told her that she better start dealing with it because it was just the way it was and that she WAS coming home! I think she found out that she actually handled it better when she was at home and saw me in the morning before work. She is THE most stubborn person. I know, I know, those of you (especially family members who know me the most) will say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Ha-ha! I know it...and I will admit it!
We did, however, receive the most special little gift in the mail the other day and I only wish I knew who to thank. In the middle of the week, we received this Fedex box with a bright yellow box with smiley faces all over it. It was addressed to Emily and myself. Inside were wonderful smiley face sugar cookies! It was the most special gift to brighten our day...heck, our week! So, whoever sent it, THANK YOU!
My job is going well. All I'm doing right now is lots and lots of computer training. I never realized before how federally regulated the banks are!!! It's a lot of stuff to learn. I have one more day of computer courses until I can start what they call my "mentor training".
Ethan and Emily are in tennis lessons again. They are enjoying it and doing well. I'm so impressed with how much they have learned since they first started taking lessons a year ago. I hope they decide to keep it up.
Yesterday I decided to deem it "Family Day" in our house. I realized lately that Ethan has been going off by himself and just spending a lot of time in his room either playing Legos, playing video games, or watching tv. It has been bothering me that he has been spending so much time by himself. So, on Saturday night while he was watching Harry Potter, I snuggled with him and told him that on Sunday, he wasn't going to play any video games or watch tv, but that we were going to have a total family day together. At first he looked at me with these huge eyes like he wasn't sure he liked that, but then yesterday he told me that he had the best day ever. After going to church, all four of us played basketball, we played frisbee, we played some checkers, the kids ran around and played some of their own made up games, it was just an awesome day. And the best part was that not a single video game was played!!!! I am going to designate at least one weekend day like that.
It's a new week. Let's hope that this week goes well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment