Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Very Cold Day

We froze our butts off yesterday! We had a yard sale and it WAS COLD!!!! We needed to clean out the attic and make a little Christmas money. We figured that a couple weeks before Christmas was the best time to have a sale since there would be people needing toys and things for gifts. What we weren't counting on was a nasty cold front that pushed in and made us Southerners bundle up like Eskimos. We did pretty well despite the cold, but today we had to cancel the sale because it is raining.

Last night Ethan had basketball practice. He is really loving it. He had a smile on his face almost the entire time he played. He said that he wants a basketball and a basketball goal for Christmas now. That list of his keeps getting bigger and bigger. Ha-ha!

Everything with Emily is staying about the same. She is still having her normal headaches, and I can't really say if knowing the cause of them is easier on me or not. Maybe it is knowing what we are facing that is what is making it hard, but now I feel like we are just waiting for the BIG ONE to happen. For anybody that has a child with a shunt and has experienced shunt failure, you know what I'm talking about when I say "the big one". I did go up and talk to Emily's teacher at school because I wanted to make sure that everybody knew what was going on. Plus, I wanted to make sure that we continue to do what we are doing in regards to how we handle the headache episodes. My emotions have just been all over the place lately and I'm finding it very difficult to realize that we will soon be facing more surgery. It seems like I barely have time to recover from each prior event before I'm thrust into another one. A child should never have to continue to suffer like this and a parent should never have to watch their child suffer. It isn't fair and it is hard to understand why these things happen. I am again praying for strength for our family to get us through this.

I want to take a moment to recognize an anonymous gift we received in the mail from what I'd like to call our Christmas Angel. From the bottom of our hearts...Thank You!

No comments: