Thursday, January 7, 2010

Prayers Answered!

ROB GOT A JOB!!!

Oh, our prayers have been answered! (At least some of them have.) Rob spent the day yesterday going through a third interview process, taking a mechanical aptitude test, taking a drug test, etc. He was offered the job and they did all of the negotiation talks of salary and we were VERY HAPPY with the outcome. It will also put him back in a company vehicle. That is a great perk right now. He will be doing the exact same job that he did before because he will be going to work for a competitor of the company that laid him off. They are not even going to put him through any kind of training period and will be putting him straight into the service vehicle and send him out on jobs. His territory will include Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, and other parts of NW Florida. We don't have a start date yet because we are waiting on their HR department to get all of the paperwork done and the vehicle has to be delivered to this location. BUT STILL, we both got a very good night's sleep last night!

Ironically, Rob got TWO calls yesterday from two different companies that were wanting him to come in and talk to them about jobs. We both found this kind of funny because he has gone so long with NOTHING! I'm still looking for work, too, but don't feel quite so pressured now to just take anything. Maybe my next job won't have to include the words "Do you want fries with that?" now. And trust me, I'm not knocking that job, I just would like to feel like I'm utilizing my professional skills a little bit more.

Thank you so much to everybody who has prayed for us and been there for us during this very difficult time. I can honestly say that I have never in my life gone through anything harder. I have been humbled beyond belief. This is one of those things that you see happen on TV and you think always happens to "the other guy", but you really don't think it can happen to you until it does. I have learned a lot about myself, and about us as a family. I have learned about what is really important in life. I have learned what the real value of a dollar is. And believe me, you may THINK you know what the value of a dollar is, but you don't until you lose it. To those that helped us out, words cannot express how grateful I am. Thank you!

Now that I have this extra stress off of me, I can focus all of my energy on what I need to focus it on...making sure that Emily gets better. I can walk into the hospital with her with my shoulders feeling a little bit lighter.

So far, 2010 is starting out to be a good year! I guess it is a good thing that I took down that Christmas tree after all! Ha-ha!

No comments: