I have some very sad news to share. We just found out that my dad has been diagnosed with cancer. He has a very large mass in his lung and will have it biopsied on Tuesday. The results of this will determine what kind of cancer it is and if it is treatable. The mass in his lung is 2 inches by 3 inches in size and is located very near his heart. This is obviously very bad news considering the location and the size of the mass.
To say we are devastated is an understatement. My dad is the rock and foundation of our family. He is the one we turn to for advice. He is the one we turn to for comfort. He is the one we turn to for strength. He is the one we turn to for encouragement and support. And most of all, he is the one who can bring a smile to the face of a child by just telling one of his silly made-up stories.
As a daughter who has to think about what it will mean to lose her father, it is heartbreaking. But to think about watching my children lose their Papa, that is just gut-wrenching and almost unbearable. But despite the pain and heartache, I choose to not let this drag me down. Whatever the outcome of the biopsy is, we can't change it. The only thing we can control is how we choose to live each day. I choose to live each day knowing that I have lived it to its fullest and with the ones that I love. That is all that matters anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment