Thursday, April 15, 2010

We laugh so we don't cry!

My dad had his biopsy on Tuesday and it went well. Dad was in very good spirits and he has a very positive outlook on things. The doctor did come out and talk to us and he said that although they know that this is a type of cancer that they are dealing with, they have no idea of knowing what kind until we get the results back from the biopsy. He showed us the pictures from the procedure and he pointed out how the tumor is compressing the airway. We will go in to get the results from the biopsy on Friday.

This week is Spring Break and we have been very busy trying to help Mom and Dad clean out their house and also clean and sort out Grandma's stuff out of the little house to get things ready for all of the changing and moving that will soon take place. Ethan and Emily are handling things really well now and are being such a big help to everybody.

Just when we thought we were handling everything and preparing ourselves for potentially the worst news we could still potentially receive, we were hit extremely hard with another blow yesterday. With just one day shy of working 90 days at his new job, Rob got laid off again. I truly am numb about this. And to think that I was just sitting there yesterday and worrying about what I would do about child care for my kids for Friday while I go to my Dad's doctor's appointment with my parents while they find out the results of his biopsy. I guess I don't have to worry about child care now since Rob will be home. That is one less worry on my plate. Ha-ha!

This is really going to sound like I've gone crazy, and maybe I have. Or maybe I have gone just a little bit insane just to protect myself mentally, but for some reason I am not freaking about this unemployment yet. And I should. I really should. The last time he was laid off I did freak. And we were way better off because he had a pretty good 401K that saved us. Well, that is gone. We had to live on that to survive for 7 months when we had no income. I should be FREAKING OUT! But I'm not. I'm watching what my parents are going through, thinking about what we're facing in the future, and this is just another blip on the radar. Everything in our lives are just temporary anyway. Enjoy it while you can, but it is the people around you that matter the most. I really don't know what will happen or what our next step will be, but whatever it is, I'll be okay.

No comments: