This is the first year that the kids are being influenced by commercials on tv. It is all because of that darn Nickelodeon Channel. I am amazed at the amount of commercials that are on there and the amount of marketing being done to kids. They used to watch Playhouse Disney or the Sprout Channel and there were no commercials on there, but it is different now that they are older. And it is a sad thing that the kids are better at working the Tivo remote than I am and they even pause and rewind the commercials just to discuss with each other the cool new things that are out now.
Well, the other day I had asked Emily what she wanted to get Ethan for Christmas. She said she needed to think about it. I had forgotten that I had asked her since a few days had passed. Yesterday she came over to me and she starts telling me all about what she wanted to get Ethan for Christmas. She had seen it on...you guessed it...a commercial. She was going into great detail explaining to me all that it did. It was some kind of bathtub toy where you can create and mold your own soap and can then use it to take a bath with in the tub. She was really working hard to try to sell me on this idea for Ethan. And after her sales pitch came the best part. It was her closing statement. She said...
"And Mommy, it is PEDIATRICIAN APPROVED!"
Hmmm. Do you think she watches too much tv or are there just too many commercials on the tv? The really funny part is that as I was shopping at the store today, I bought that exact toy that she was wanting to get for her brother. Heck, Emily did say that it was pediatrician approved. How much better can you get?!?! At least I know that Ethan will be getting a safe toy. And Emily was right, too. It even says it right on the front of the box. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment