We left this morning around 7am. I planned on leaving earlier, but it never works out the way we plan. The kids started out the morning by waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Well actually, Ethan woke up happy and excited, but then he quickly started complaining how tired he was. Emily woke up grumpy!!!! She is always like that if she doesn't wake up on her own. Before we got 100 miles into the trip, we heard things like "I'm sooooo tired!!!" and "I'm sooooo bored!!!!" With the exception of a few little mishaps from Ethan, their attitudes have improved. Actually, once Emily got over her bad attitude from being woken up this morning, she has been quite the little angel. Ethan is the one giving us the grief.
Despite it all, we have actually been having fun talking about the stuff we will be seeing and doing on our trip. We have a big adventure ahead of us and I'm looking forward to every moment of it, the good times and the not so good times. Because in the end, every single minute of it will be precious. And years from now, we will be able to look back and remember the good times and laugh about the bad ones. And THAT is what it means to make memories. I just pray for good health for all of us on this trip. I'm not naive enough to think that nothing bad can happen or that nobody can suddenly get sick. I have already been proven that before during Ethan's Wish trip. So, may God be with us as we drive across the country and enjoy this special time together as a family.
First stop...Houston!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment