Well, it has happened. My "small child" is growing up. Emily lost her first tooth yesterday. She started crying like crazy when it happened. It scared her that it bled a little bit, but then she was VERY happy that the tooth fairy would be making a visit. Plus, she said that her daddy told her he would give her five bucks when her tooth fell out and so she was quickly adding up how much money she would have to spend. :)
The tooth fairy made her visit last night and gave her $3. Ethan actually got a visit from the tooth fairy, too, because he lost a tooth on our trip and it was in my wallet this whole time. I told him we were putting his under his pillow, too, so the tooth fairy didn't have to make two trips to our house. In his usual fashion, he woke up and totally forgot that the tooth was even under his pillow the night before. Emily, on the other hand, immediately started looking for her money when she woke up. Emily said she was upset that she only got $3. I told her that if she was going to sound ungrateful, then we would just leave a note for the tooth fairy the next time and tell her not to leave any money. She quickly changed her tune.
And then early today, it happened all over again. She lost her second tooth. Only this time she asked me to pull it out. It was barely hanging there by a thread and it was really bothering her. She came over to me and was very brave and let me pull it out. There was no crying this time because I think she saw the dollar signs in her head.
Tonight, when I was tucking her into bed, she told me the funniest thing. She told me that she is quite certain that I'm not the tooth fairy. I laughed and asked her why she is so sure. She said, "Well, for one thing, I know you wouldn't be willing to give up your money. And secondly, I know you wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to do it." This made me laugh so hard. I think it is obvious that the kids are constantly being talked to about not wasting money and not spending money. And I guess she thinks of me as an ogre who never buys her anything. If she only knew how much she cost me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment