Monday, September 21, 2009

Can't Keep Him Down

Phew! We finished the steroids this morning. And let me tell you, there was a time or two that I thought I was going to have to tie that boy down. I can only imagine how they make him feel inside. Poor thing! And just to give you an example of what they do to him, this was how my day started. I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when I felt somebody shaking me awake and saying, "Mommy! Mommy!" in a stage whisper in my ear. The clock read 5:15am, and as I managed to focus my eyes a little more, I noticed something very interesting. Ethan is standing there, fully clothed in his uniform for school at 5:15 in the morning. He leans over to tell me that he is dressed and ready for school, his bed is made, and he has brushed his teeth. He told me that he woke up at four something this morning and he was waiting until it was after five to come and get me up. He was wondering if he could watch tv and play in his room. Ummmm, sure Ethan. Just get out of MY room until I've had coffee!!!! The rest of the morning was spent with him talking to me with question after question after question and he wouldn't even give me a chance to answer one question before he went on to the next. Seriously, these steroids are some rough stuff! And I won't even talk about the extra food intake that has taken place this past week.

I have a quick funny that happened tonight. Ever since we have gotten Marley, Holly has this inferiority complex because she is now the littlest animal in the house. We crack up because she now thinks it is okay to bully up on poor Callie, the very old and arthritis stricken cat. It is quite sad. So tonight I was talking to Holly and telling her to leave poor Callie alone and to quit being a bully. As I was sitting there talking to the dog and telling her this, Emily was laying on the other couch across the room and she says, "I know you you feel, Holly. That's what I want to do to Ethan when I get mad at him, too." Oh my goodness!!! Rob and I started laughing so hard. Emily looked at us like we were crazy. She even asked us why our faces were getting so red. She just didn't understand why that was funny. Out of the mouths of babes!!!

No comments: