Sept 27! When I see that date on the calendar, it always makes me stop and pause. That was the day that was the beginning of our life long change. It was the day my water broke and started us into the journey of prematurity. So, that day will also be a melancholy one for me. Unfortunately, we now have another reason to mourn that day.
Our kitty, Jasper, died yesterday. My cousin, Terry, came over to the house and asked Rob to come and talk to him. It's a good thing he delivered the news to Rob and not to me. He told him that as he was driving out of the neighborhood yesterday, he saw that Jasper had been hit by a car. I was so heartbroken because I loved that cat so much. I had to break the news to the kids and they took it pretty hard. Ethan took it much harder than Emily did. He is just so much more sensitive than her. Plus, he was a little more bonded to Jasper than Emily was, too. And I remember just this week how happy they were when they saw Jasper climbing up in the tree. Little did they know it was because we had Marley outside on the leash with us and Jasper was just trying to get away from Marley, but they had been trying and trying to get Jasper to climb up the tree for so long. When he finally did it this week they were so proud of him and were jumping up and down and saying "Jasper, you did it!!!" I wish I would have had my camera with me so I could have taken a picture of that moment. Ethan kept coming to me yesterday and telling me how sad he was and that he wants to go get another cat. I told him that I think we need to wait a while before we get another one, but we will get another one some day. And now, just like with everything else sad that happens in life, we have to move forward.

This week is going to be crazy busy. We have to take Ethan to Pensacola to get his shots after school on Mon and Wed. On Tuesday, Ethan gets a filling in the bad tooth he has. On Thursday, the kids get their school pictures taken and that is also the day that I am leaving to go on my Mommy Weekend getaway. However, I am only going to be able to go for one night (and two days). I'll come home on Friday evening. Saturday is the kids' birthday and it is their school carnival that we will take them to. And Sunday is their birthday party!!!! Phew! Let me just get through this week!!!!
But before I can do any of this, please pray that I can get some pain relief. I have been seeing my chiropractor for a few weeks now because of my chronic back pain. Things just seem to go from bad to worse. I ended up having to go to my doctor on Friday to get a prescription of muscle relaxers because I am staying so stressed that my muscles are staying tensed up and not having a chance to relax enough for my back to heal. Well, during the night something in my neck popped out of alignment while I was sleeping and I am having horrible nerve pain that is shooting down my arm and my back. I have been awake since 1:37am when the incident happened. I can't turn my neck either. So, if I can't get some immediate relief, then all of the above mentioned stuff that will have to get done this week will just have to get skipped and you'll just have to take me out back and shoot me. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment