Well, I think I officially deserve the Worst Mommy Award for today. When we were at church, Ethan came over to me and started complaining to me that his chest hurt and that he wasn't feeling well, but he was doing just fine up until that point and so I just disregarded him. He is always complaining during church because he gets bored and so I thought that was just what he was doing. He seemed fine once he got into Sunday School. In fact, he even led the Sunday School class into the Lord's Prayer while at the microphone and he said the entire thing and I was so proud of him.
Anyway, the rest of our day was just a normal day of running errands and then doing stuff at home. Again, he seemed to be fine without any complaining. It wasn't until I was getting dinner fixed that I seemed to notice him struggling a little bit to breathe. He seemed to be breathing a little bit heavy and I know that sign VERY well. I called him over to me and I asked him if his chest was still hurting. He said that it was. I grabbed the sat monitor and checked his oxygen level. It was only at 93 percent!!!!! Well, no wonder his chest his hurting. His little lungs are straining for oxygen!!!! And can you say...HORRIBLE MOTHER!!!!!
So, I grabbed his peak flow meter just for a secondary check and sure enough, he was in the caution zone. I immediately gave him a Xopenex treatment and it helped tremendously and brought his sats back up to 98 almost right away, but it didn't last long. Within less than two hours, they were back down to 93. I gave him a second Xopenex treatment then. So, I'll be up most of the night and doing a lot of monitoring. We will probably start steroids either through the night or in the morning if he doesn't improve right away.
I've just got to say that I HATE ASTHMA!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment