Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mommy Getaway!

This has been a crazy busy week and hasn't left me much time to post an update. Not only have I been dealing with this constant pain in my back and neck, I've been trying to get ready for the kids' birthday party this weekend, Ethan has had to go to Pensacola for his shots on two different days, he also had to get his first filling in a tooth, and I've had to do my usual Grandma duty. Let me just say that if it wasn't for Rob's help, I never would have gotten any of it done. My back has been so messed up lately and the pain has been so bad that I have hardly been able to function. Rob has stepped in and pretty much taken over with everything. Bless him!!!!

And the reason for the big rush on getting this all done so quickly is because I am leaving in just a few minutes for a mommy getaway. I have been a part of a wonderful online support group for many many years, since my infertility days before the kids were even born. Through the years we have become very close with each other and many of us have met in some way or another. But for the past several years the first weekend in Oct has been designated as the Mommy Weekend getaway where everybody who is able to can getaway and meet at an agreed upon location and just spend the weekend together and hangout. I am never able to attend any of these because it always falls on the kids' birthday weekend. Well, this year the location happens to be very near here. It is in Navarre, FL. So, I am so happy that I am going to attend and get to see and even meet for the first time in person, so many of my friends that I have been chatting with for years. I am only going to stay for one night because of the kids' birthday, but it will still be fun. I am ready for some time to recharge my batteries. And then this weekend I can have fun celebrating my babies' 7th birthday!!!!!

No comments: