I got the blood test results back this evening. Although I'm happy to finally have some answers, they really aren't the answers that I wanted to hear. Ethan is allergic to just about everything!!!! His severe asthma attacks are being triggered by his environment most likely. Some of the things he is allergic to are pecan trees, hickory trees, several different types of grasses, dust, mold, cat dander, dog dander, and the list goes on and on and on. I think the only thing he doesn't show an allergic reaction to is cockroaches. His pulmonologist said that it is critical that he sees an allergist as soon as possible so that we can figure out what course of treatment we need to take. And just because he shows an allergic reaction to all of these items doesn't mean that it is high enough to set off an asthma attack at all times. The treatment could be something as simple as a pill like Singulair or Zyrtec or more invasive like daily injections. Whatever the course of treatment, this doctor will have to work closely with the pulmonologist to make sure that Ethan is getting the right combination of medications to treat the allergen issues as well as the BPD and asthma. I guess our summer will be spent with more doctor appointments.
And then poor Ethan, he has complained all afternoon and all evening long of his chest hurting him. I even started getting concerned for a little while. He said he had an accident on the playground today at school when he fell down and landed on his chest on top of a big toy truck. Well now he says that his chest just hurts him. I'm thinking that he must of bruised something. I'm waiting to see how he is in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment