Emily's headaches have been more frequent lately. And in our usual fashion, we seem to make excuses for them at times. You know...she must be sleepy, or she must be hungry, or she just got over-heated, etc. I try to always document when she has a headache, but I know there have been many times when they have gone undocumented, especially the ones that may not have caused undo stress at the time or were away from home when they happened and away from my calendar. Knowing that an appointment to the neurosurgeon is unavoidable, I knew that I had to compile all of my documentation of her headaches together and get things ready for a discussion. When actually putting it all together on one calendar and documenting the information all down, I got very clear picture of what is going on with her. She is absolutely having some type of shunt problems, or other pressure issues in her brain right now. And I can even pinpoint the exact moment when the problems began. It was on March 16 and was when she was accidentally slammed in the head with the car door. Since that date, her headache episodes have happened quite frequently, with an average of almost one a week. And they increased to her having three just this week alone.
I will call tomorrow morning to schedule an appointment with the neurosurgeon and see when we can get an MRI done. So far this summer isn't turning out to be a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment