Sunday, August 2, 2009

Discussions with six year olds...

We have spent the last week getting back into our routine at home. We have been getting ready for school. The first day of school is August 10. It's hard to believe that it is already here. Ethan and Emily are so excited to be going back to school. But they aren't half as excited as I am. Ha-ha!

We went to Waterville today to help celebrate Kaitlyn's 12th birthday. We all had a great time. Avery is spending the night with us tonight and as I type this, the three kids are running around the house and have way more energy than they should after getting worn out at the water park today.

On our way driving to Waterville this morning the kids started talking about the various car accidents we have been in. Emily said that every time she rides in the Expedition, all she can think about is the accident I was in when the lady ran a stop sign and we hit her. That is what started the conversation and then they started talking about the really big accident we were in when we were in a head-on collision on I-10 (Rob was driving). A car lost control from the other direction and flew through the median and crashed into us. That is when Emily said something about not wrecking the white car that I have (2006 Ford 500). Ethan's reply to that was, "well, that's because Mommy hasn't had that car long enough yet." Oh my goodness!!!! My mouth just dropped open at this statement. Rob started laughing so hard that I thought he was going to start crying. I had to set the record straight VERY quickly and inform Ethan that I have only been in that one accident and that his daddy has been in waaayyyyy more accidents than me. I can't believe that my kids were even discussing this. Ha-ha!

And then to add to the funny comments...We were in Walmart doing some shopping and we needed new light bulbs. As Rob and I were picking out the kind we need, Emily is standing in the isle and reading several of the boxes. She was looking at a box of those energy efficient bulbs that are out right now and the box said that those bulbs will last up to six years. Emily suddenly made a funny sound and then said, "I seriously doubt THAT would be the case." When I asked her what she was talking about she pointed to the box and showed me how it says that they last up to six years. And then she said it again, "I seriously doubt THAT would be the case." She just cracks me up sometimes with her comments. :)

No comments: