Thursday, August 20, 2009

CP Clinic appointment tomorrow

Tomorrow is Emily's CP Clinic appointment. We have been waiting for this appointment since around April. I'm very curious to hear what they say about her right leg/foot. I'll post an update tomorrow.

This morning on the way to school the kids were having a very cute conversation. Emily said something about how happy she is that she won't have to have any needles at her appointment on Friday. Ethan said, "You know, I think that I'm going to get used to my allergy shots after a while. I might even get so used to them that I won't even need that numbing cream anymore." He was just so matter of fact about it and it is really cute listening to the kids have such grown up conversations about their medical stuff.

Ethan and Emily both had great days today. Emily did not have a headache and Ethan had a good conduct day. What more could I ask for??? Our evening took a little turn, though, when Emily suddenly got a headache after her bath. She was fine one moment, and then in the next she needed to lay down because her head was hurting. She was only down about 10 minutes when she came out of her room and had that glassy look in her eyes that she gets when she is having one of her really bad shunt headaches. She asked me to pull her hair back in case she throws up and we headed into the bathroom. Unfortunately, her head was hurting her to bad to be upright and she started demanding that she lay down. I got her situated in her bed and brought the trash can in and a wash cloth to wipe her mouth if she needs it. She has fallen asleep now and I had to set up the baby monitor in there so I can listen for her during the night. Who would've thought that we'd still need a baby monitor at almost 7 years old?!?! Poor thing!!!

It just breaks my heart that Emily is having shunt problems again. I can't deny it any longer. I just hope she makes it until her appointment on Tuesday when we see the neurosurgeon. I do not want to be in another emergency surgery situation. Those are horrific!!!!!

We once again need some prayers for her. It is so hard to keep watching her suffer! I just want to know when my poor children will ever catch a break!!!

No comments: