Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School - 1st Grade

Today was the first day of school! We have 1st graders now!!!! The kids woke up on their own this morning and were ready for the day. Emily even made her bed before she came out of her room. The kids were both too nervous to eat breakfast, though, and I'm sure that they will be STARVING by lunch time. I just hope that Emily doesn't get a headache because of it. She will get one if she doesn't eat and drink on a regular schedule.

Rob and I walked them to their classes. Ethan was the one dropped off first. He went right into his room and found his desk. He was very happy about everything and barely even wanted to tell us goodbye. Emily, though, started to get overly emotional at the idea of the two of them being separated. She suddenly reached over and grabbed Ethan and started hugging him. I could tell that she was struggling to hold back tears at that point. We said our goodbyes to Ethan and headed out to Emily's room. It wasn't long before the tears started flowing from her. Her teacher even walked over and hugged her and tried to cheer her up. Emily tried to get herself under control and even stopped crying for a minute. Of course, once we said our goodbyes, the tears started flowing again.

I know Emily will end up having a good day and will do fine. It is just the first day jitters. I can't wait to hear all about their day and I will be sure to post an update later. This is a HUGE step for all of us to have the kids separated like this. I know it is what is best for them, though, and I'm sure they will both actually enjoy it once they get settled.






































No comments: