We only have a couple more days until we leave for our Disney trip. We are all so excited!!! The suitcases are ready to be packed and I am working on getting the laundry done. Our flight leaves Pensacola at 6:50am on Saturday morning and so we will have to be up early. The kids and I already decided that we just probably won't even sleep the night before because we'll be just so excited. I got a phone call from somebody at Give Kids the World Village a couple days ago and they were confirming everything and they said that somebody would be waiting for us in Orlando with Ethan's name on a sign as we got off the plane to greet us. They will lead us to the rental car agency and make sure to get us where we need to go. To put it in simple terms, we will be pampered while there and treated like royalty.
Tomorrow I am taking Ethan to the pulmonologist to get his lungs checked out before we leave. He really has had a hard time after his last illness and I just want to make sure that everything is okay before we leave on this trip. One thing I learned is that he can't take his Xopenex in inhaler form when he is sick. We will have to go back to using the nebulizer for his Xopenex medicine. I'm wondering about his Symbicort because of this, too. We'll see what his doctor says tomorrow.
Emily must be going through a growth spurt right now. She is really struggling with falling down a lot lately. I'm finding that I'm having to hold her hand a lot more when walking. I went in today to mention it to her teacher because I felt like I needed to warn them to be on the lookout for her to start having some accidents. I am especially worried about the lunchroom and her carrying her tray. I was talking to Sunny this morning (one of the substitute teachers) who was helping out Ethan and Emily's teacher and I was telling her about it and she told me that Emily did have an accident yesterday on the swing on the playground. She said that Emily just fell out of the swing for no reason. Emily did tell me today that somebody carried her lunch tray for her today. This growth spurt couldn't come at a worse time with the amount of walking that we will be doing in Orlando.
Emily did something exciting at school today. She took her first AR test!!!! Actually, she took two of them. Each book she tested on was worth .5 points, so she currently has 1 AR point. Also, she needs to choose books up to a level of 1.8-2.8 (blue books). That means that her reading level is a minimum of 8 months into the 1st grade year to 8 months into the 2nd grade year. Or, in easier terms, almost the end of a second grade reading level. Now, this level was determined according the Star Assessment test she took and I know that it wasn't totally accurate because I sat with her while she took it. She didn't pay attention during half the test and it wasn't until I told her that she better start paying attention and doing the test otherwise the teachers would think she was still reading on a Kindergarten level. That was when she jumped up and started paying attention. Getting this Accelerated Reading program off the ground has been a huge thorn in my side. Well, not only my side, but also our teacher's side, too. The person that was in charge of doing it for the kindergartners was pulled to help out the second graders and that meant that they had nobody available for the kindergartners. And I really don't think they had any intentions of doing anything about getting anybody for them either. I will hold back my opinions right now on why I think this is all going on, but it is. I have stepped up and volunteered for all of the kindergarten classes to handle the AR program. I will be working with the children and helping them earn their AR points. Of course, it helps out Ethan and Emily, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment