Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Big Show

Tomorrow is the big day!!!! It is the day that they have been practicing for for so many weeks! It is the big bug show...Getting Down in Bug Town!!!!!! My two little insects are so darn excited for tomorrow. Tonight Emily told me that she just might not be able to sleep because she is so excited for the performance. She is a love bug and Ethan is a praying mantis. And Ethan informed me tonight that Emily is the best love bug dancer out of all of the love bugs. :) She is paired with a little boy named Moises. And little miss bossy pants was also telling me tonight that she was giving Moises directions on the best way that he was supposed to make his way to the stage from the risers through some tunnel thing they are supposed to go down. She said that the way he was doing it was going to make him miss some of the songs that were being sung. I have no idea what she is talking about because I have not seen any of the practices of the show. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if he took her advice. :)



Now here is the funny part. The kids think that the songs that they are singing are totally original songs. So when they here a song "in the real world" that is from their program, or they hear me singing a song from it, they freak out and wonder how in the world I know that song. It is hilarious. An example is how Ethan would not tell me at all anything about what he does as a praying mantis. Emily told me that he prays for a bug caught in a jar. I just started singing the song..."I'll say a little prayer for you...forever and ever you'll stay in my heart..." Emily freaked out and asked me how in the world I knew that song. And then tonight on American Idol she heard the contestants singing "Ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough..." and she freaked again. She said, "Oh my gosh!!!!!! We sing Ain't no ant hill high enough, ain't no valley low enough..." It was very cute.

This little musical is just with the kindergartners and they will perform it for the school in the morning and then do another performance for the parents at 12:15. I just hope that Emily is able to sleep through all of her excitement tonight. She told me that tomorrow will be the best day EVER because she gets to do her big performance!!!! I will have my video camera and digital camera in hand ready to go.

No comments: