Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Questionable Timing
So, yesterday after school the weather was perfect. It was a beautiful day to play outside. The kids rode their bikes, drove remote control cars, and played with the boy from next door. The kids were even running back and forth between our house and the neighbors house and having a great time. When it was time for dinner, our next door neighbor invited Ethan and Emily to eat at their house. I reminded them that the same rules apply to them that apply at home since we have worked so hard to break their bad dinner eating habits. Ethan wanted to stay to eat with his friend, but Emily chose to come home. The minute I set her plate in front of her at the table, she held her head and said it hurt. It was so sudden that Rob and I both questioned whether it was a real headache or not. It was almost as if she was just trying to get out of eating dinner. After a couple minutes went by, it was obvious that it was a real headache. She got that glassy look in her eye and I told her to go lay down. I did our usual routine of bringing her the trash can and I got a towel to wipe her face. She was only laying on the couch for about 15 minutes when the vomiting started, and only about 30 minutes from the onset of the headache. Since it was so close to bedtime by this time, I just got her in her pajamas and put her to bed after we were sure the vomiting was over. She came crawling in my bed later in the night and she said her headache was gone and that she was feeling better. I hate the fact that Emily has to have these darn headache episodes at all, but so glad that the frequency is less since we had her surgery. Although it didn't seem like it at the time, that brain surgery was one of the best things we ever did for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment