Saturday, January 17, 2009

Here for another day!

Well, it is official. We are stuck here for one more day. The pediatrician came in this morning and said that Ethan has to be able to maintain his sats at 93 or higher on room air for an extended period (like 12 hours) before he can go home. They did remove the IV line (though the IV is still in) that way it is easier for him to get up and move around and he is able to start taking short walks now.

Ethan's attitude is in serious need of adjusting and I am just about to lose control. Rob and Emily have been up here with us for a while and I was going to take Emily home and get a break for a while today while Rob sits with Ethan. But to add insult to injury regarding Ethan's attitude toward me, Emily was just whining because she wants me to stay here with Ethan and wants her Daddy to go home with her. I think I will take a vacation alone somewhere once this is all over.
Here is a pic of Ethan this morning while he was talking on the phone to Emily before she got here to visit him.

Ethan loved being able to finally go for his walk.

And then he got to be pulled in a wagon by his sister when he got worn out.

No comments: