There hasn't been a huge amount of change. Ethan is still requiring oxygen to keep his sats up. This, of course, dashes my hopes of our getting to go home today. We'll wait and see what the doctor says when he comes in this morning. Ethan and I both feel like we are in prison in this hospital room. Our spirits are down and we are both on edge. Ethan has not been very nice to me. He is hurting really bad in his IV arm and he can't move it. He is pumped full of so many steroids that it also tends to cause some personality changes that aren't good. He snaps at me and yells at me and just isn't being nice. For anybody that knows Ethan, you know that that is very unlike him. I just try to not let it get to me and I just remind myself that it is from all of the medicine and the situation. Still, it wears on you after a while. He had an emotional breakdown last night and was sobbing crying because Emily was drawing him a get well card, but she wasn't drawing a picture on it that he wanted her to draw. And then he really lost it when I was going to leave to go home to take a shower and pack more stuff so I could come back up here. His daddy and Emily were staying with him, but he freaked out that I was leaving. If we don't get out of this place soon, then I will be the one having an emotional breakdown!!!!
One thing that was interesting, Ethan was able to verbalize to me how it felt on the day when we came in when he was so sick. Out of all of the times when he has been sick, this was the first time that he has ever tried to describe how it felt. He told me that it hurt from his neck all the way down to his waist. He said that it felt like something was sitting on top of his chest and squeezing him and that it hurt to breathe in and breathe out. I was telling the pediatrician about Ethan's description and he said that Ethan was so sick, that just the fast respirations alone would have caused him to hurt that bad and when you factor in the asthma attack with the constriction of the airway, well, it had to add a factor of panic and fear in there as well as pain. He told me that Ethan was a real trouper.
I expect the doctor to be here within the hour. I will probably not post a new update then, but will just add an update to this one if there is any new information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment