Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Realization

I had a big realization today. I have become THAT mom. You know the one. It's the one that sends her son to school with highwater pants on because they still fit him in the waist and she can't help it that he is eating her out of house and home and growing taller faster than he is wide. And she is also the practical mom that looks at those pants and still sees a lot of life left in them and thinks that he can still get some good wear out of them. Yes, that is me.

I remember back when I was in school and I used to look at all of those boys in my class that came to school wearing those highwaters. I used to think how funny it looked and I used to wonder how his mother would let him walk out the door looking like that. Well, now I know. She no longer cares that those pants are an inch or two above the shoe line. Let's face it, she is probably just grateful that he even got dressed for school without complaint in the first place. And worrying about the pants becoming too short is a lost cause because he is growing at a rate faster than a giraffe. The kid has two hollow legs. So, I am here to admit it for all to see. My son wears highwaters and there isn't anything I plan to do about it as long as the waist still fits!!!!!!

No comments: