Saturday, February 14, 2009

16 Years of Wedded Bliss

Today is my 16 year wedding anniversary! Rob and I were able to exchange cards quickly before he hit the road this morning to head to Texas. We also gave the kids their little Valentine gifts from us before he left. I had snuck some cards in his suitcase that he will see once he gets to Texas and it will hopefully help brighten his night tonight. One from me and one from each of the kids. I know he is going to have a difficult couple of days and I just wish that I could have been there with him.

Ethan had a rough night last night and spiked another high fever. Emily was already in my bed because of the storms and then Ethan came deliriously screaming through the house saying his head hurt and he needed to throw up (which he didn't) and screaming that he needed to lay down. I gave him some Motrin and put more cool cloths on his head and got him tucked back into his bed. By morning he was doing a little better and Emily seemed to be doing great. The really strange thing about these fevers is that Tylenol doesn't even touch them. The only thing that works is Motrin. I was thinking (again) that Emily was well on her way to recovery, but I was wrong (again!). Emily didn't want Ethan to be alone this afternoon in his misery and so she decided to spike a fever right along with him. It's just not a very fun day.

I decided that it has been long enough on dealing with these fevers and I put a call in to the doctor. The triage nurse called me back and we went over the history on the phone. She said our doctor recommends being seen by a doctor within 24 hours if a fever lasts more than 3 days. Well, that would mean that we would have to go to a walk-in clinic somewhere to get seen or just wait until Monday to see our doctor. Other than the kids being miserable, the Motrin is keeping their fevers down, and she said that the other thing that is important is to just make sure that Ethan's breathing and sats stay good. It is already the end of the day on Saturday. If I need to I'll go to the walk-in clinic tomorrow, but I'm going to try and wait until Monday.

The one thing we haven't done today is our annual Valentine bear pictures that we take every year. The kids were wanting to do it today and we still might if they get up enough energy.

No comments: