Monday, February 16, 2009

I need a vacation!

Emily ended up spiking a fever again yesterday afternoon of 101.7. One thing positive I can say is that their fevers aren't as high as they were. They are no longer in the 103-104 range. They were staying in the 101-102 range yesterday. That is an improvement. Ethan was really struggling with muscle cramps and also back pain. His cough has gotten out of hand, too, but his oxygen levels are staying good. Emily has a really stuffy nose, too, and a mild cough.

Overall, Emily seems to really be feeling pretty well. Yes, she did run the fever yesterday afternoon, but she isn't feeling bad. She woke up this morning feeling good, too, and I thought she was going to be able to go to school. Ethan woke up with a fever and a horrible sounding cough. Plus, he is just moaning and miserable with his muscle aches. He needs to get checked out. I was going to send Emily on to school. I just felt like it would be a wasted trip to the doctor for her. She was happy because she was REALLY wanting to go to school. She got dressed, ate breakfast and was getting ready to go. I was just starting to fix her hair when I noticed that her head felt warm. I got the thermometer and she yelled, "NOOOOOOO!" I took her temperature and sure enough...FEVER! Emily can't go to school. She just started sobbing! This makes day six of a fever. That is just too darn long and they need to get checked out! We will see the doctor this morning at 10:50.

No comments: