Last night Rob and I planned on a nice evening out to celebrate a belated anniversary dinner. The kids were spending the night with Nana and Papa along with their cousin Chase. Just as we were getting to the restaurant I get a phone call that Ethan was having some severe coughing fits. My mom told me that I didn't need to leave right away and that we should eat our meal first. When we left, we had to go straight home and get his nebulizer, the meds, and his sat monitor. Ethan was well into an asthma attack with sats in the mid 80's by the time we got there. I had no idea that he was that bad. Things just change with him so quickly. We told him that he couldn't spend the night. He had to come home with us because his breathing was just so bad. Emily did stay over there with her cousin. I was very proud of Ethan for not throwing a fit about not being able to stay, too. He was very good about it. We promised him that we would bring him back over first thing in the morning as long as he was doing okay, but he needed to be at home with us during the night in case he needed his breathing medicine.
It was a good thing he was home. He had a pretty rough night and had oxygen sats in the 80's most of the night. I was up giving him Xopenex and Atrovent during the night. By morning, his oxygen was up in the mid 90's. He was doing okay today, but he just doesn't look right to me. His face looks pale, and I can tell that he is panting more when he is breathing. His oxygen has been lower again this afternoon and evening and is hovering in the upper 80's to right at 90. He has been on Augmentin for the pneumonia for three days now and he still has a deep sounding cough. We are supposed to repeat his chest x-ray in the morning, but now his oxygen levels are just lower than they have been the past couple of weeks with his illnesses. I'm very nervous about another hospital stay. I just feel frustrated and it is a constant battle. I'm prepared for another long night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment