We thankfully had a good night. I let the kids sleep in bed with me since Rob was gone. I figured it was easiest to do this and be able to get up with them. As it turned out, Ethan was cool as a cucumber all night without a fever. I even woke up a few times during the night to check him because he was coughing and I just couldn't believe he was still sleeping. His sats were a bit low at only 90, but he seemed comfortable and I just let him sleep. He woke up feeling great and chatty and it was a great thing to see. Emily, on the other hand, woke up with a bad headache, and I had to give her some medicine for that. Neither had fevers, though, and so that was very promising. Both of the kids are having quite a bit of coughing this morning and I did have to give Emily some sinus medicine. Ethan had his breathing treatment, and it seemed like we were starting to have a somewhat normal day. One thing that Ethan is having trouble with is bad leg cramps. You know, like the kind when you get a charlie horse?! I'm wondering if his potassium levels are low. He has been drinking a lot and staying hydrated, but maybe the fevers have just done a number on his little body. I'm going to mix up some gatorade for him in a little bit.
The kids are both very mad at me right now. They were invited to go to a birthday party for a school friend today, but I called the mom and said we aren't going to be able to go. Actually, the friend is the daughter of the school nurse. :) I tried to explain to the kids that I wouldn't appreciate it if somebody came to our party who was as sick as they have been and bring their germs to our house, but they just don't understand. They just think that I am the bad guy as usual. They both think they are totally well now and are okay to go, but that isn't true because I just saw Ethan wrapped in a blanket on the couch. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he was cold. Not a good sign! I took his temperature and sure enough...another fever! 101!!!!! Emily is still good, though. Hopefully she'll at least be able to go to school tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, at least. And the saga continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment