Emily had her CT scan done today. She didn't start getting nervous until we got in the room and she saw the big machine. Although she has had way more of these things than we can count, it has been a over a year since her last one, and I think she just didn't remember it very well. She took Cheetah with her and the very nice technician let her hold the animal while she was doing the test. Emily started to cry while they were getting her set up and and into position. I kept my hand on her the entire time and I was able to talk to her and calm her down and I even got her to relax enough to smile during the actual test. After it was over, the nice lady gave Emily some stickers and some suckers and off we went to find Ethan and Daddy.


We headed out to to the pre-admissions office to see if Emily's blood work orders had ever arrived yet so we could get that done while we were there. They did not arrive yet and so that will just have to happen on the morning of surgery.
We walked through the maze of the hospital to head toward the gift shop so Ethan and Emily could get the items they had picked out earlier in the week. I am always amazed at how long it will take two kids to shop in a store that is no bigger than the size of my kitchen. We had to have spent 30 minutes in that store and neither of them ended up getting the items they had originally set out to get. :)
It has been a long day, and I'm exhausted and am ready for bed. Rob leaves early tomorrow morning for his Drill weekend with the Army Reserves and I plan to just have a quiet weekend spent with the kids. I'm going to take Emily to the store tomorrow and get her a cute pair of Hannah Montana socks for her to wear with her hospital gown and then the rest of the day will probably be spent at home playing board games and watching some movies together. On Sunday we will just go to church and Sunday School and then I'm not sure yet what we'll do. I know that these are the times when I really just feel like staying at home and being together. Monday will be here before we know it.






No comments:
Post a Comment