Monday, June 8, 2009

Today is the day!

We are getting ready to leave for the hospital. Ethan has been dropped off at Nana and Papa's house and should be at Vacation Bible School as I type this. They will come up to the hospital after they pick him up in a little while.

Emily has had a pretty emotional morning and has cried a few times. Ethan, the poor sensitive boy that he is, didn't want to eat breakfast in front of her since she can't eat, and ended up laying there in pain with stomach cramps this morning because he refused to eat. I finally convinced him that it was okay for him to eat something so he wouldn't get sick (the boy has to eat on a regular schedule or this happens) and he would still only eat a piece of buttered toast because it was the fasted thing he could think of eating because he just didn't want to eat in front of his sister. Bless his heart!

Emily had another nightmare last night, but it wasn't as bad as the last one. She ended up sleeping against me again last night and that was fine with me. I actually preferred it like that. We gave her a good bath this morning and washed her beautiful hair. I just couldn't stop running my hands through it. I always seem to do this before her surgeries when I know they are going to shave it off.

The timing of her surgery actually couldn't be more perfect. Emily is suffering from another headache again this morning. I had to get together a "throw-up bucket" to bring with us on the car ride. I can't wait for her to get some relief from these darn things.

I know that we have a lot of people praying for her and for us right now and I very much appreciate it. We very much need strength to get through this difficult time and we pray that Emily has an easy surgery and very quick and painless recovery. Emily's surgery is scheduled for 1:30pm today (Central Time). We will be leaving for the hospital in about 30 minutes.

No comments: