It is the night before surgery. My stomach is in knots. Everybody is asleep in the house, of course, except me. We went to church this morning and then the rest of the day was spent packing and getting things ready for our hospital stay. Emily and I packed her a little bag of stuff to do in case she feels like it. We packed some crayons, coloring books, the portable DVD player and some movies, and a few other small things. Of course I had to pack my laptop, books, snacks, and clothes for us, too.
Here is a little funny story. When I was talking to the pre-op nurse the other day, she had asked me if Emily has any loose teeth right now. I told her that she does have some. She has her two upper front teeth loose, one of them is very loose. The nurse said, "Oh no. The anesthesiologist is just going to have to be very careful so the teeth don't get knocked out." Well, I was talking to Emily this morning and I was telling her about that conversation. Emily said, "OH GOOD!!!!!! Maybe they WILL knock them out while I'm asleep in surgery. And then the doctors can just go ahead and put them under the pillow and the tooth fairy can just come while I'm in the hospital." It was so darn cute when she said it. I'm going to have to tell the doctors tomorrow that it is okay if her teeth get knocked out. Ha-ha!
On a more somber note. Emily had another headache episode today. I hate that she had to have one, but then again, it did reaffirm to me that we are doing the right thing tomorrow. It is just horrible watching her suffer. She needs some relief soon!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment