Saturday, June 6, 2009

Emily's Nightmare

I have to tell about the nightmare that Emily had. Now, she is one that NEVER has nightmares. The only time we had problems with her and nightmares was for about a month or so after her surgery last year, she was traumatized for a while and we dealt with some pretty bad ones. But typically, she doesn't have them.

Emily came to me in the middle of the night and was very upset. She said that she had a bad dream. I asked her what happened in her dream and this is what she told me. She said that she was standing outside and there was a tornado coming. She was all alone and scared because she couldn't get inside the house. She said that me, Daddy, and Ethan were inside the house and were safe inside the closet, but she was outside while the tornado was heading right for her and our house.

I got her and put her in my bed next to me and snuggled up next to her. I told her that I bet she was very scared by that dream, but that she was safe now and everything is okay. She and I slept together sharing a pillow the rest of the night.

I can only imagine the kind of fear that she must have going on inside her right now. If only there was a way that I could take it all away!

1 comment:

My name is Lauren said...

Ug. Poor baby. :( I can only imagine what's going on in her head. (((hugs))) to all of you.