I have something very positive to report...Our military insurance has officially been applied for and should be effective July 1st!!!!!!! This is a very huge weight lifted off of our shoulders right now to know that our children will continue to have health care!
You know, we've had a few days to process this whole lay off situation. And I would be lying if I said that there weren't times that it didn't scare me when I really sat down and thought about it, but I also have to say that I really feel like we were prepared for it to happen. I am one of those types of people that believe that things happen for a reason, good and bad. There have been events that have taken place in our lives recently that have prepared us for this day. Some of those preparations were of our own doing, and some were forced on us, but all of them helped us get to the point we are right now.
We kind of saw the writing on the wall (so to speak) and knew that lay-offs would be coming at Rob's job. We just didn't know when. So, several months ago we started talking about our number one concern...health insurance. That is when Rob came up with the idea of joining the Army Reserves. We seriously talked through the options and he really wanted to do it for more reasons than just the insurance. That was HUGE step number one. We also decided to sell the boat and eliminate that debt and put back some emergency money in the bank. These little steps, combined with learning to live on a smaller budget when Rob's hours were cut back, really set us up in a good situation, probably more than some of Rob's poor co-workers who were also laid off.
As strange as this is probably going to sound, I actually feel at peace regarding it all right now. I know that we have done everything that we could have possibly done to protect ourselves. Rob and I are both looking for full-time work, and I have faith that it will all work out okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment